Step 1: Are You Ready to Sell Your Home?
Selling your home in the southeast Denver metro area is a big decision. How do you know if you’re ready for it? Here are some key indicators from Jennifer Morrissette and the JM Denver Home team:
- Your family is growing. You may be adding a child to your household. Or maybe your parents or in-laws are moving in. Either way, you could end up needing a home with more space or with space that’s better configured to meet your needs.
- You’re relocating. In today’s economy, job changes can come without much notice. When a company merges with or acquires another, they may choose to consolidate or centralize their operations. On the other hand, company growth can lead to opportunities for expansion to other locations.
- You’re an empty-nester or preparing for retirement. Perhaps you’re looking to downsize now that your kids are grown and you don’t need all those bedrooms and bathrooms to keep clean. Or maybe you want a maintenance-free, “lock-and-leave” property in retirement – no more shoveling, painting, mowing, etc.
- You want to capture your home’s equity and appreciation. Homes in Aurora, Centennial, Denver, and other areas of Colorado have increased in value significantly in the last decade. Selling now can free up that equity and appreciation, letting you direct it into another home or some other investment.
- You’re more excited by the thought of selling than by the thought of staying where you are. You’re ready. Sometimes, it’s just that simple!
Selling your home can be very emotional, and your emotions can change over time and as you move through the various stages of a sale. As you think about listing your home for sale, you may be excited, sad, nostalgic – or all of these or none of these. I’m here to listen and to help you identify what you’re feeling as part of the process of getting ready to move forward.
Click to view Step 2: Selecting a Realtor® to Sell Your Home